What does the Local Governing Committee (LGC) do?
The Local Governing Committee works to support the overall development of the pupils based on the principles of Roman Catholic Church.
Governors are involved in:
- planning the future direction of the School
- monitoring and evaluating the progress of the School against these plans
- supporting and challenging the School
- being accountable to parents and all stakeholders about the school’s performance; and
- ensuring all statutory duties are carried out.
In order to carry out this work, governors:
- work closely with the school team
- have 6 full governing body meetings a year - one in each half term
- Governors have delegated key areas of responsibility
- visit the school
- ensure they are familiar with the Diocesan requirements relating to Catholic Education.