What does the governing body do?
The governing body works to support the overall development of the pupils based on the principles of Roman Catholic Church.
Governors are involved in:
- Governor-run Nursery provision
- planning the future direction of the School and Nursery
- monitoring and evaluating the progress of the School and Nurseryagainst these plans
- supporting and challenging the School and Nursery team
- being accountable to parents and all stakeholders about the school’s performance; and
- ensuring all statutory duties are carried out.
In order to carry out this work, governors:
- work closely with the school team
- have three full governing body meetings a year - one in each term
- work on committees to which the governing body has delegated key areas of responsibility, who meet on a regular basis
- visit the school
- ensure they are familiar with the Diocesan requirements relating to Catholic Education.