We have peer support systems in our school; Buddies, Sports Leaders and Servant Leaders.
Our Buddies are Year 4 children who support other children in the school by:
- Helping them find someone to play with and support their friendships
- Helping injured children by informing members of staff and being a companion while they are being treated
- Being a companion to upset children
- Teaching children new games or sports
- Encouraging good behaviour in the playground, corridor and cloakroom areas
- Modelling good behaviour
We advertise for new Buddies at the end of every academic year. The children collect application forms from the Head Teacher and have informal group interviews. They are 'on duty' once a week.
We also have Sports Leaders who arrange sports and games activities for the children during playtimes.
Our Servant Leaders support our other children by listening to their views about school and taking these views to regular meetings with the Deputy Head. They have a topical notice board in school where children can share their views or suggestions.